Friday, August 8, 2008

Radiohead, Montreal 2008

Photo Sharing and File Hosting at Badongo.com "Just as they play your favourite song, as your bad day disappears"
Yes it was rainy, gray, muddy & crowded, but as they played my favorite song they made it all disappear.



MTL-2008 video not there anymore, so here is the official one!

I am a Radiohead fan, no I do not like crowds nor the rain. But it will be engraved on my hard drive... brain that is... unfortunately did not take video & audio. Souvenirs from that muddy wild evening among true fans is now part of my neurones.

I was closer to the stage for the first band (Grizzly Bear...my totem name & I must say they were rockin'), but having to go eliminate a prior beer & getting a new one...could not find room to see the stage (umbrellas were aparently allowed). So I climbed up the hill, tried many times to convince the STCUM staff to let me on their show bus roof top (even asked for an emergency escape demo, that did not work)...so I watched the show on the top of the "butte".

Radiohead was generous, their playlist, 15 songs + 2 encores...that's more songs than my actual I-pod battery can handle... they were live & they were on fire! Even when the fireworks came...(please watch this clip, you can hear Thom Yorke adding the word: "Fireworks" to the lyrics...GÉNIAL!). Must have been disturbing for them, 'cause it got my attention. That was for a short few seconds, Radiohead's performance blew away any other occuring phenomena at that time. Every song I love was there (except "Pyramid song" & "Dollars & cents" but I can live without that).

What a great time I had even though I could not see the band clearly, the stage & it's lights + Montreal's unrentless menacing skyline... WOW, WOW &RE-WOW.

Too old to be a groopie but for ever will be a music lover & Radiohead fan.
on my chart that is:I am still surprised they let me in the subway after what I looked like... Fell twice in the mud going down the hill, once one the left, once on the right... washed my tub 3 times, still mud in there... but everytime I wash it I am singing a Radiohead song out loud, to my neighbors' delite, "it's gonna be a glorious day!"

4 comments:

Bruno Laliberté said...

at least, you got to see them, even if you had to wallow in the mud...
:D~
wish i had been there. you bet i would have posted some pics...of you in the mud!!!
:D~

linoue said...

Forget the mud Bro. It was indeed a glorious evening!

Yep, wish U could have been there with me and shared my vibe. It's one of those moments, when you feel like it was written for you life & just wish you could have a sensor linked to your body to actually give someone else this feeling of, ... ,I have not found a word yet, but it will come.

Bruno Laliberté said...

sorry dah'lin'...
already had a taste of concrete with lucrecia during the jazz festival. don't think i'm ready for mud yet (at least, not in this context...)
:D~

linoue said...

& the word is:

Tera-intensity.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin