Saturday, March 14, 2009

MÉCHANT BOEUF

Photo Sharing and File Hosting at Badongo.comAs the quest for the perfect burger continues, I just had to go bite in a $17 hamburger:

A very generous beef pattie here, forget the quarter-pounder... this is at least half a pound of meat. My first impression was, hey, where's the tomatoes & lettuce? I like to have different textures (ie: crunch of lettuce, juice of tomatoes...) but the junk-foodie in me brought me back to reality...the less vegetables, the better (YIPPIE).Le Méchant Burger:
bacon, gruyère and bleu bénédictin cheeses,caramelized onions, homemade fries.
After spreading mayo & dijon on it, I took my first bite. This is a BIG burger, open wide! Ouch! The meat was cooked like I luv it (red in the middle, so glad the paranoia of over cooking burgers is past history), the onions, the mushrooms and the cheeses... OUCH! I was impressed! I am not a blue cheese fan, but in this combination, very well thought of. Yes I did eat the whole thing but had trouble finishing because I think I was full 3/4 of the way done.

«Méchant Burger» is available at Méchant Boeuf which is a restaurant who's cuisine is "brasserie" inspired. Other meals were ordered (including: Poutine de Charlevoix, Boris beer can chi cken and pecan pie ), everyone was unanimous, all were good and the use of fresh ingredients + taking advantage of local produce made this visit to Méchant Boeuf perfect. Also I must mention that the service was unpretentious, friendly and professional, our waiter sat down to explain the menu, take our orders and did not rush us.

When I eat a burger, I do not expect to pay that much, but for all burger lovers out there, you have to try it at least once. Yes I would go back for that burger, since when you consider it is dinner in a restaurant and 1/2 pound of meat, the price is justified and it's in my top 5!

Méchant Boeuf
124, Saint-Paul Street West
Montreal, Quebec
514.788.4020
www.mechantboeuf.com
BoldPoutine de Charlevoix
poutine with braised pork, migneron cheese


3 comments:

La Bloggia said...

Oh my!!
Méchantes portions!
Juste à voir les photos, j'éructe!

Sans blagues, je trouve l'idée du mélange gruyere et bleu bénédictin avec oignons caramélisés assez alléchante!
Une poutine au porc et migneron... moi qui ne suis pas tellement poutine, je me laisserais quasiment tenter.

Mmmh... à essayer, c'est certain!
Je vais commencer à faire des haltères en prévision du lever du hamburger!

;¬)

Bruno Laliberté said...

j'en veux, j'en veux!!!
lors d'un de nos prochains rendez-vous?!?
hein?!
hein?!
:D~

linoue said...

Bonne idée de faire des haltères avant une sorite (orgie) au Méchant boeuf. Moi je suis prête à y retourner!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin