Thursday, July 21, 2011

LES FEUX DE LOTO-QUEBEC, MONTREAL 2011: USA, by TICKLEBEAR


let's make one thing clear here:
i love the movie "Wizard of Oz". 
i love fireworks. 
thus, 
you would think i would love 
ZAMBELLI FIREWORKS' creation, 
presented at 


unfortunately, 
their choice of soundtrack failed to built momentum, 
and to illicit an emotional response from me. 
it left me cold, 
much to my astonishment. 
i'm usually an easy sell for most visiting american teams... 
what happened?!?


i must say 
they had included some of the dialogues from the movies, 
not the most exciting thing to do for fireworks. 
other countries had included long narratives into their presentation 
and it never made for a good show, 
in my opinion. 
also, 
some of the songs weren't just right for this either. 
the fireworks were fine if you omitted the soundtrack, 
but since we have to take in account both visuals and sounds, 
their score is not too high... 
the fireworks weren't a total disappointment, 
but my reaction was... 
i never thought i'd say this: 
sure, 
they made a lot of noise, 
but the WOW!! factor just wasn't there for me, 
sadly... 
:(~ 
HUGZ


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin